FUNCTION OF THE OFFICE
1. Formulate integrated economic, social, physical, and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government development council;
2. Conduct continuing studies, researches, and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation;
3. Integrate and coordinate all sector plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies;
4. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different development programs, projects and activities in the local government unit concerned in accordance with the approved development plan;
5. Prepare comprehensive plan and other development planning documents for the consideration of the local development councils;
6. Analyze the income and expenditures patterns and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the local government unit concerned.
7. Promote people participation in development planning with the local government unit concerned;
8. Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the Local Development Council and;
9. Exercise such other powers and perform such other function and duties as maybe prescribed by law or ordinance.